Director of Daughters of Light
Mindy is a dynamic, experienced therapist who has worked with a broad spectrum of clients addressing issues of anxiety, depression, trauma, loss, addiction recovery, and more. She graduated from Weber State University with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, minor in Family Studies. She then earned her Masters of Social Work with an emphasis in Mental Health from the University of Utah. Mindy has been involved in the social work field since 2000 with an emphasis in counseling since 2008.
Mindy’s personal life experience provides a strong level of empathy for all who are suffering. She believes that the answers to life’s challenges lie within the core of each individual. Her focus is on establishing and maintaining a caring, therapeutic relationship assuring a compassionate and safe environment. This facilitates the comfort to share life experiences, explore challenges, pain, and frustrations in a healing, meaningful way.
- All women’s and female adolescent issues, including addictions and self-harming.
- Trauma Conversion Therapy (TCT) which is a healing process for PTSD, Dissociative Disorder, and other traumas. Mindy is one of only four therapists in Utah certified as a Trauma Conversion Therapist.
- Relationship issues: marriage counseling, betrayal trauma, divorce, single parenting, parent coaching, and blending families.
- Other specialties include: female sex addiction recovery, self-harming in all forms, unexpected life changes, and coping with difficult life circumstances.
- Mindy is the founder of the Daughters of Light Program run within Life Changing Services which is for young women and women of all ages. It focuses on building self-worth and igniting divinity. The Daughters of Light Program also addresses addiction recovery including sexual misbehavior, self-harming in any form, and some eating disorders, in addition to many other personal challenges.
Speaking engagements have taken Mindy to national and international locales to groups of professionals, ecclesiastical leaders, church groups, and general audiences of adolescents, young adults, and men and women of all ages. Mindy has spoken on topics of sexual addiction, personal empowerment, betrayal trauma, and more at meetings nationally, and was a key presenter at the 2015 China Mental Health summit for all mental health professionals.
- Life Changing Services Clinician
- LDS Family Services – Clinician
- Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists
- National Association of Social Workers
- Weber State University key speaker on women’s issues
- Quality Improvement Committee Dept. of Child and Family Services
- Utah Foster Care Foundation
- Golden Key International Honor Society Inductee
- LDS mission served in Hong Kong